Check most frequently asked questions here, if you still need help then please contact us at email@example.com
We require proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test within 48 hours of your class. Masks required.
We currently do not offer outside firing services. If we had more kilns we would. Firing is available only for our members and students.
Memberships are available at both locations and prioritize people of color. Members have 24/7 access, so for safety reasons you must take at least 3 class series' with us to be eligible. Staff must know your face, and should trust that you can work safely alone. Members are vetted by their teachers. Membership is a safety issue for us as we prioritize being a safe space for POC. Apply for membership !
- For 4-class series', pieces will be ready 14 days after your last class.
- For drop-ins, workshops, and private parties, pieces will be ready 30 days after your class.
- You will be notified via email when your pieces are ready. Due to limited space, 30 days after notification we donate pieces that have not been picked up.
- POT Gardens (Jefferson park) pickup is everyday from 12 - 6p
- POT (Echo Park) pickup is Sat. & Sun. from 12 - 4p
We are generally an adults-oriented studio, due to adult themed art in the studio. Our classes are for students ages 16+, and minors must have a guardian's permission. We have special teen classes for students ages 12-18.
- We do our best to keep our prices as accessible as possible, considering overhead and material costs, which include fair living wages for staff. A lot of work goes into maintaining classes behind the scenes, aside from teaching. Labor goes into recycling and prepping clay, firing, glaze maintenance, processing pieces, studio operations, etc. on top of teaching. Pieces are fired in the kiln for 24+ hours in 2 separate round
- Check out the Potluck Initiative - We offer s for Black & Brown individuals who cannot afford the full price. We also offer the option for students to donate $5 towards free/sliding scale pricing at check-out which we disperse monthly.
- Wheel throwing is when you create a piece on the potter’s wheel. Yes, just like that movie Ghost, but done properly. This is the most popular form of pottery making, and most would consider it the more technical side of pottery. Wheel throwing is great for those looking for a new grounding practice.
- Handbuilding is pottery that is all things done off the wheel - includes slab construction, pinching, coil construction, and sculpting. This method is more forgiving and allows you to get creative with decorations and adornments. Handbuilding is great for those looking for a more arts & crafts experience.
- To qualify for a refund, cancellations must be made at least 5 days prior to the first class.
- Cancellations made within 4-day window of a class receive 50% account credit
- No refunds/account credit/make ups for same day or retroactive cancellations.
- We can not refund or make-up individual missed classes in a series.
Our classes sell out quickly, but there are ways to stay on top of them! subscribers have pre-sale access to each new session of classes for as low as $5/month. You may also join our to hear when classes become open. We also post updates on Instagram at @.