Check most frequently asked questions here, if you still need help then please contact us at email@example.com
- POT Gardens (Mid-City): Daily from 12 - 6p
- POT (Echo Park): Thursday - Monday from 12 - 4p
When will pieces be ready for pickup?
- Multi-Class series: 14 days
- One-time classes: 30 days
- You will be notified via email when your pieces are ready.
- You have 30 days after they're ready to pickup. Due to limited space, pieces will be cleared out after this 30 day window.
Yes! Our private parties are 90-minute private classes designed for first-timers. Choose from wheel throwing, handbuilding, pipe making, or SexPots. We can also customize a private class for your organization. Visit our Private Parties page to learn more and submit a request.
Class age limits differ by subject, but most of our classes are generally for students ages 16+, and minors must have a guardian's permission. Each individual class listing will have the age limites on it, so make sure to read the descriptioons.
All 420-friendly classes are for ages 21+. It will say on the listing if that is the case.
Additionally, we offer Youth Programs for students ages 11-17
- Wheel throwing is when you create a piece on the potter’s wheel. Yes, just like that movie Ghost, but done properly. This is the most popular form of pottery making, and most would consider it the more technical side of pottery. Wheel throwing is great for those looking for a new grounding practice.
- Handbuilding is pottery that is all things done off the wheel - includes slab construction, pinching, coil construction, and sculpting. This method is more forgiving and allows you to get creative with decorations and adornments. Handbuilding is great for those looking for a more arts & crafts experience.
- We do our best to keep our prices as accessible as possible, considering overhead and material costs, which include fair living wages for staff. A lot of work goes into maintaining classes behind the scenes, aside from teaching. Labor goes into recycling and prepping clay, firing, glaze maintenance, processing pieces, studio operations, administrating etc. on top of teaching.
- Student pieces are fired in the kiln for 24+ hours in 2 separate rounds
- Check out the Potluck Initiative - We offer scholarships and sliding scale pricing for Black & Brown individuals who cannot afford the full price.
- Refunds are granted for cancellations made a minimum of 5 days prior to the initial class.
- Cancellations within 4 days of a class result in 50% account credit.
- No refunds, account credits, or make-up classes for same-day or retroactive cancellations.
- Individual missed classes within a series are not eligible for refunds or make-up sessions.
- Currently, POT does not facilitate returns or provide refunds for POTSHOP purchases.
Click here to request a refund. Please note that we do not process cancellation requests via phone.
- All POT staff and members are required to be vaccinated for COVID
- Masks are always optional in 420-friendly classes: Pipe Party, SexPots, POT + Paint, and Private Parties.
- Individual teachers may ask students to wear masks in other classes not mentioned above.
- Please do not show up to the studio showing any sick symptoms, even if it is just a cold.
Memberships are available at both locations. Members have 24/7 access, so safety and being able to work independently are key. For more information, check out the application here!
We offer mid-fire outside firings as individual kiln loads purchased up front, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.